Phoenix is one of the starting agents in Riot Games’ newest FPS title, Valorant. As a fire-wielding duelist, Phoenix should be used on the offensive, taking the fight to the enemy team. With an array of offensive skills, he’s perfect for players who aren’t afraid to take the initial shot and peak the enemy from around the corner. Here is a breakdown of Phoenix’s skills and how to use them correctly.
Curveball – Flash and peak
Phoenix’s Curveball is a powerful ability. It works like a flashbang, blinding enemies that do not turn away from the blinding ball of fire. There is a trick, however. Curveball, once thrown, can only be directed right or left. Phoenix is unable to throw the ball straight in front of him. This makes it perfect to stand behind corners, blind any potential enemies, and then peak and fire. This can be also used as an excellent team strategy.
Hot Hands – Set the ground ablaze
Hot Hands is a fancy name for a typical fireball. Phoenix’s fireball is excellent for cutting off enemies in tight corridors, dealing damage to any enemies that are standing in the pit of fire. However, you can also use this ability to heal Phoenix. If you find yourself in a tight spot, you can drop Hot Hands onto the ground below you to get some of your health points back.
Blaze – Flame wall
Blaze is an excellent ability to cut off enemy vision. If you need to safely pass through an open space and you know that enemies are watching where you want to move, you can drop Blaze to pass safely. Blaze also damages enemies that attempt to pass through the wall. Also, much like Hot Hands, it heals Phoenix. Therefore, it could be used in a similar way when low on health.
Run it Back – Go on the offensive
Phoenix’s ultimate ability has multiple strategic uses. When used, Phoenix places a beacon on the ground before setting himself partly ablaze. As Phoenix, you can now die or let the timer run out, and you will return to the beacon with all your health back, as if nothing had happened. This is an excellent way of scouting ahead if there are any enemies, or if you’re trying to kill as many enemies before the timer runs out.
- Phoenix is an excellent offensive character. We recommend using rifles and SMGs, as Phoenix should be one of those selected to take initial peaks.
- Use Curveball to flash behind corners. This is very powerful if Phoenix peaks with one more teammate simultaneously.
- When defending a planted spike, use Hot Hands and Blaze to cut off select areas from which enemies could come.
- Use Hot Hands and Blaze to heal yourself when in dire need or when you don’t have Sage for healing.
- Run it Back should be used to scout bombsites for information. Alternatively, you can use it to turn the tides of battle when the numbers are against you.
What do you think of Valorant‘s Phoenix? Let us know down in the comments. As always, remember to follow us at Daily Esports for all your latest news in Riot Games’ latest shooter and the esports world.