The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Early Access Campaign is underway for fans who digitally pre-ordered the game. So far, the reviews for the campaign are sparkling, with many fans enjoying the single-player mode’s story, characters, and gameplay. In addition to simply trying to survive the world of the MW2 campaign and complete the story, there’s also a side mission available to all players.
As with any game, the Modern Warfare 2 campaign has a full list of achievements and trophies. This gives players different objectives to aim for in all facets of the game, making it the ultimate side mission.
Some players pride themselves on being completionists, and you won’t be able to mark MW2 as fully completed without earning every single Achievement in the Campaign. For a full look at the game’s achievement list, keep reading below.
Modern Warfare 2 campaign achievements
In total, there appear to be 25 total achievements in the campaign alone. Most of them require players to complete some interesting tasks while others will be earned simply for playing through the mode. We have a list of those achievements in addition to what players need to do to earn each one.
- We are RTB – Collect all the trophies
- Crocodile – Shoot three enemies while underwater in Wetwork
- Must be Wind – Rescue hostages in Countdown without the enemies firing their weapons
- Gunless – Finish Alone without firing a gun
- Test Drive – Drive five vehicle types in Violence and Timing
- Ghost-in-Training – Reach the penthouse in El Sin Nombre without killing anyone or triggering the alarm
- Don’t touch the deck! – In Dark Water advance 90 meters toward the front of the ship without touching the deck
- Keeping this One – Reach Price using the first vehicle you hijack
- Gentleman Thief – Open three safes in the campaign
- Wall of Duty – Kill three enemies with the riot shield in the campaign or in co-op
- Daredevil – While affected by one flashbang, kill two enemies in the campaign or in co-op
- Practice makes Perfect – Shoot all the targets in the training area in Ghost Team
- A Crappy Way to Die – Kill the enemy in the porta-potty
- Nessie – Reach the barge without being seen in Wet Work
- No time to Lose – Complete the CCTV sequence in four minutes
- Backpack Guy – Kill gassed or blinded enemies using a Molotov, Semtex, and Frag in Prison Break
- Cutting Heads off Snakes – Finish all campaign missions on veteran or realism difficulty
- Time for Pints – Finish the campaign on any difficulty
- Nobody was There – Never trigger the alarm in Recon by Fire
- Night Fight – Earn three stars in Low Profile
- Hellride – Earn three stars in Denied Area
- Kings of the Mountain – Earn three stars in Defender: Mt. Zaya
- Going Dark – Complete Low Profile without triggering any alarms
- Only the Beginning – Earn at least one star in co-op
- Full SSE – Find 20 intel fragments in co-op
As players can see, there are some achievements that could take a while to complete. For example, completing the mission Alone without firing a gun is particularly challenging. However, once players manage to complete every achievement, they can truly say they’ve beaten the Modern Warfare 2 campaign.