Even though Worlds is still going on, we are already prepping for League of Legends‘ second biggest event of the year. The 2018 All-Star Event will bring some of the best players from around the world together. Many fun game modes will be played and the competition will be fierce as always. However, there are a few changes to the event that we will showcase for you League fans.
The 2018 All-Star Event will take place from December 6-8 at the @ESALasVegas in Las Vegas! #AllStar2018
Learn more at: https://t.co/H1ImYSOJkZ pic.twitter.com/svLrdK5eqC
— LoL Esports (@lolesports) October 7, 2018
The All-Star Game: What, when, where?
As we said, the League of Legends All-Star Game is a great, action-packed event made for some friendly competition. It is also representing the end of the competitive year for the attending players. Stars from across the world will get to unwind and interact with fans and fellow pros as well. This time around, the All-Star Event will be held at the Esports Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. The arena is comparable to the NA LCS Studio in California, with a very intimate and personal atmosphere. Also, the games will span two days, starting from December 6th.
Like every other year, fans will be voting on two pros from each region to attend the festivities. Each region will have twenty of the most popular players as eligible choices, with at least one pro from each team available for vote. Fans will be able to vote for other regions as well as their own. However, votes from foreign regions will only count for only 20% of the total vote within any given region. Voting will open on October 17 and will stay open for a week. Meanwhile, Riot Games will also invite four pro players after finishing the fan vote.
Additionally, three League partners will be joining the pros for the All-Star Event. These people could be a prominent League of Legends streamer, a League personality, cosplayer, and more! These select few will be announced shortly before the beginning of the celebrations.
Let The Games Begin!
Your favorite League pros will be battling it out in various game modes to test their individual and team skills. Here are the five game types:
- All-Star 1v1 Tournament – Every single player that will be heading to Las Vegas will participate in the 1v1 tournament. What’s at stake? A really cool Draven trophy, and the bragging rights as the “best 1v1 player in the world”.
- All-Star Charity 2v2 Tournament – Pro players and League partners will be pairing up for this charity 2v2 tournament. It will take place on the Howling Abyss, where the winners will gain a donation to a charity of their choosing.
- Regional Rivalry Show Matches – Teams will include pro players and League partners once again, but the bragging rights for the best region is on the line. The main matchups will consist of North America vs. Europe and China vs. Korea.
- East vs West All-Star Showdown – New to the All-Star event, East vs. West will consist of teams from both sides duking it out in a three-game series. Players will be rotating after every game. Time to fuel a new rivalry within the League community.
- Mixed-Team Alternate Game Modes – Throughout the day, there will be mixed teams playing different fun game modes. From what Riot is hinting, we can expect the popular new game mode, Nexus Blitz, to make an appearance for the All-Star Event.
From what we can see, this year’s League All-Star Event looks to be chock-full of excitement and fun for players and fans alike. Don’t forget to catch all the action coming this December, and don’t forget to vote for your favorite pros next week!
What are your thoughts on the 2018 League of Legends All-Star Event? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! If you want more League of Legends content, check us out here!