Covert Sneakers is one of the most powerful perks in the entirety of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer. It’s essentially Dead Silence from previous games, silencing your footsteps as you walk or run. While this is great for players, the unlock method for Covert Sneakers in MW3 is quite confusing.
Unlike past years, you can’t unlock Covert Sneakers and a plethora of other content simply by leveling up your character. Even reaching the max level of 55 doesn’t grant you access to around half of the content in multiplayer.
Instead, you need to do Armory Unlock Challenges, which is how you unlock Covert Sneakers in MW3. To see exactly how you can unlock the Covert Sneakers, check out the guide below.
Unlocking Covert Sneakers in MW3
First and foremost, you need to reach level 25 to unlock the Armory Unlock Challenges system, which I have detailed in-depth in a previous guide.
Then, once you’re at level 25, go to the main lobby and view your Armory Unlock Challenges from the challenge window. Here, you can see tabs of categories, all containing different items you can unlock through this system. Scroll over to the Perks category to find Covert Sneakers and press the “Activate” button when you’re hovering over its box.
Then, follow the steps below to unlock Covert Sneakers:
- With the Covert Sneakers Armory Unlock Challenge active, you need to complete three Daily Challenges to unlock the perk
- You can view your Daily Challenges from the main lobby challenge window
- If you have completed all three of your Daily Challenges, then a Bonus Challenge will appear in the challenge window
- This Bonus Challenge will always be to win a single game and it can be done infinitely
- To unlock Covert Sneakers, either complete three individual Daily Challenges or a mixture of three Daily Challenges and Bonus Challenges
- You can track your progress in the challenge window
- Once three challenges have been completed, Covert Sneakers will unlock for use in multiplayer
And that’s all there is to unlocking Covert Sneakers in MW3. It’s a confusing system and this is the only way to unlock the perk in multiplayer. The one major aspect to remember is to physically activate the Armory Challenge for the Covert Sneakers so you can ensure you progress toward the item.