There are easy camo challenges in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer and then there are hard ones. “Kill enemies affected by your tactical” would fall into the latter category, as it is extremely frustrating to do in MW3.
This challenge is actually quite simple in theory; all you need to do is kill enemies that are currently stunned, flashed, or affected in another way by a piece of your tactical equipment. However, in practice, this camo challenge has been by far the hardest for me to complete. Getting Tac-Stance kills, which is already difficult, is much easier than this challenge, and I’m sure many players have been struggling with it in the early going of MW3.
Luckily, I found some ways to speed up the progress of killing enemies with tacticals, and I’m here to give you some tips so you can complete the challenge with ease.
Best ways to kill enemies affected by your tacticals in MW3
First and foremost, you need to set up your loadout in the right way.
Before you do anything, make sure you have equipped the Engineer Vest, as this gives you two pieces of Tactical Equipment instead of one. You also want to ensure you have the Tac Mask perk equipped in the Gear section, just in case you throw a tactical too close to yourself. Engineer also allows you to equip a second Gear perk, and I suggest you run Covert Sneakers so you can sneak up behind enemies easily.
Finally, your piece of Tactical Equipment needs to be either the Stun Grenade, Flash Grenade, Snapshot Grenade, or something else that directly affects an enemy. Something like Battle Rage or Stim won’t work for this challenge.
With all of that in mind, look at the list below for a step-by-step guide on how you can complete this challenge:
- The challenge is largely based on your ability to get close to enemies, as stunning or flashing an enemy means nothing if you’re not near them.
- You want to try and go on a smaller map so you can maximize engagements. I was able to complete this entire challenge for my WSP-9 SMG in a single game on Rust.
- However, you can also try the War mode, which gives you far more gunfights that you can get into over and over.
- Once you’re in a match, try and strategically throw your tactical in high-traffic areas or get behind enemies and throw your tactical at their feet. You need to see the hitmaker on your screen, which indicates an enemy was affected by the tactical.
- Then, all you need to do is make sure you hit your shots, kill the enemy, and you’re one step closer to completing the challenge.
The map is really key with this challenge, as a map like Quarry or Wasteland won’t do you much good. It’s also important to pick the right game mode; I chose Hardpoint because it’s easy to toss tacticals on an objective where enemies are located. I highly recommend choosing the War mode, though, as the extra time and engagements really makes it easier to secure the tactical kills. You can also kill enemies while they’re trying to complete objectives.
It will likely take a few matches to kill all the enemies you need with tacticals in MW3, but with the right set up and strategy, you should be able to complete it sooner rather than later.