Logging into Call of Duty nowadays seems to be a completely luck-based process that either results in you getting to play or being met with an error message. One common error message that players have been seeing more of in MW3 is called “Wolters-Indiana,” and it completely stops you from accessing any online services.
This particular error message occurs when you initially try to boot up the COD HQ application and log into MW3. Before you even get to see the landing page for COD HQ, you are met with the message “Connection Failed. [Reason: Wolters-Indiana].” Since this has to do with connection, you might think that your internet is messing up or the game is offline. However, more often than not, some simple fixes can easily resolve the issue, meaning you don’t have to take any drastic measures.
To see exactly how to fix the Wolters-Indiana error in MW3, check out the guide below.
Fixing the Wolters-Indiana error in MW3
It’s currently unknown why this error pops up in MW3, but many players have assumed that it has to do with the servers. Sometimes, the game servers become unstable and have to kick players off for a brief time to restabilize. This doesn’t mean the servers are completely offline, though.
Below, you can find a list of every available fix you can try. I have listed them in the order you should try them, with the last couple of fixes being far more drastic and time-consuming than the first ones.
- Restart your entire console or system and then attempt to relaunch COD HQ and sign in
- Check the game server status of MW3 or COD in general by going to the COD Updates Twitter or checking the Down Detector website page dedicated to COD
- Check your internet connection to ensure it’s working properly. You can also try and power cycle your internet router/modem by unplugging its power source, waiting 1-2 minutes, and then plugging it back in.
- Reach out to Activision Support to see what might be causing the issue. This requires you to submit a ticket and speak to a representative at some point.
- As a last resort, uninstall and reinstall the COD HQ application.
Aside from those fixes, there’s not much else you can do but wait for the developers to issue a patch or fix the problem on their end.