The end of Fortnite Season 8 is upon us, as we are in the eighth week of this season. However, the Battle Pass challenges keep on leaking early, and there are some tough tasks this week. As always, these are just leaks from the v8.40 update files, so take everything with a grain of salt.
As per usual, data-miners went into last night’s update files and dug around for various leaks: upcoming skins and other cosmetics, new items, and of course this week’s challenges. @lucas7yoshi_ was the one who first found the challenges for Week 8.
Week 8 Challenges: https://t.co/60MTUbmSuU
Verified accurate (unless i messed up) pic.twitter.com/fYPM8aru6L
— Lucas7yoshi – Fortnite Leaks (@Lucas7yoshi) April 17, 2019
[irp posts=”21827″ name=”Fortnite Season 8 Discovery Skin Ruin” challenges leaked”]
Apparently, Epic Games is done fooling around with weekly challenges. In recent weeks, the Battle Pass challenges have been fairly simple to accomplish. Although, Epic seems to want players to work for the Discovery Skin, which can be unlocked once these challenges go live.
Don’t forget that the Discovery Skin can only be obtained if you’ve done every challenge up to this point. Check out our earlier guides if you missed a couple here and there. Once Season 8 concludes, the Discovery Skin disappears with it.
Here are the Free and Battle Pass challenges for Season 8, Week 8:
- Stage 1/2: Search the treasure map signpost found in Paradise Palms – 1 Battle Star
- Stage 2/2: Search the X on the treasure map signpost in Paradise Palms – 1 Battle Star
- Use Vending Machines in (3) different matches – 5 Battle Stars
- Deal (100) damage to opponents while using at least one balloon – 10 Battle Star
Battle Pass Challenges
- Search (7) Jigsaw Puzzle Pieces under bridges and in caves – 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1/2: Dial the Durrr Burger number on the big telephone west of Fatal Fields – 2 Battle Stars
- Stage 2/2: Dial the Pizza Pit number on the big telephone east of The Block – 3 Battle Stars
- Eliminate (7) opponents at Dusty Divot or Lucky Landing – 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate (2) opponent from at least 50m away – 10 Battle Stars
As you can clearly see, there are only a couple of challenges that won’t require special attention. The elimination challenges, in particular, are quite difficult.
However, we have already covered how to complete the “Dial the Durr Burger, Pizza Pit number” challenge.
There are no challenges this week that won’t take up a good chunk of time. Make sure to stay diligent and keep checking your progress bar so you know exactly what to do once you’re in-game.
Once these are all completed though, you will gain access to the Ruin Discovery Skin in Fortnite and this hidden loading screen.
From this, we can decipher where the hidden Battle Star is located.
Hidden Battle Star location
After every challenge is complete and the Discovery Skin and loading screen are yours, you can go out and search for the hidden Battle Star. This week, the Battle Star lies in the frozen lake that used to be home to the Durr Burger and Greasy Grove.
Head over to the large block of ice that sits on the northwest side of the lake. It’s on the top of this ice block where you’ll find the Battle Star. There will be a brown spot on the ground that doesn’t match the surrounding snow, and that is where you’ll need to go.
Interact with the Battle Star once you’re there and a free Fortnite Battle Pass tier skip is yours!
That’s all the challenges for Fortnite Season 8 Week 8! Make sure to check back here at Daily Esports for different Week 8 challenge guides!