Activision has now fully revealed the content that’s arriving in Season 5 of Call of Duty: Warzone and Vanguard. Earlier, the publisher let the community in on the release date, Aug. 24, as well as some other bits of content coming in the season, such as Menendez’s return. Now, we have the entire roadmap of content that will be released throughout Warzone and Vanguard Season 5. This will be the last bit of seasonal content either game will receive before Modern Warfare 2 launches on Oct. 28.
Below, fans can see the roadmap as well as all of the Season 5 content laid out. For more detail on each piece of content, players can visit Call of Duty’s website.
Warzone and Vanguard Season 5 roadmap
It's time to give it everything you've got for the 'Last Stand' 🔥🌋💪
Make your mark amongst legends in the final season for #Warzone and #Vanguard. #CODBlog intel: https://t.co/o5qN0PkGkr pic.twitter.com/6Mzt8bZg2g
— Call of Duty (@CallofDuty) August 18, 2022
- Operation: Last Call
- Search and Destroy style gameplay on Caldera that sees players try and defuse bombs around the island
- Caldera Peak POI Update
- Rebirth Island Resurgence Supreme (In-Season)
- Heroes vs. Villains Community Event
- New Features
- Rage Serum
- Supply Box UAV Killstreak
- Personal Supply Box
- Doomsday Station
- The Archon (round-based Zombies experience with a new quest, plot, and boss fight)
- New Maps
- Fortress (In-Season)
- Raul Menendez, Khaled Al-Asad, Seraph, Gabriel Rorke
- EX1 (AR), Valois Revolver (Pistol), RA 225 (SMG), BP50 (In-Season), Lienna 57 (In-Season)
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Death
- Cha-Cha Bundle
- Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Pestilence
- Hazel Bundle
- Umbrella Academy Tracer Pack Bundles
- New Ranked Season and Rewards
Overall, the season is fairly sparse in terms of content compared to what we’ve seen in the past. Vanguard multiplayer is only receiving one new multiplayer map at the start of Season 5, in addition to a new Zombies experience. While there are five new weapons in Season 5, only three are coming at launch; the Valois Revolver likely won’t see much attention, but the EX1 is an intriguing addition. The EX1 is a remastered version of the EM1, a laser rifle from Infinite Warfare — as of writing, it’s unclear if the EX1 will have all of the same traits as its predecessor.
The Warzone and Vanguard Season 5 update goes live on Aug. 24 at 12 PM ET. Fans will see smaller updates arrive in Vanguard and Warzone in the days leading up to the full launch of Season 5.