The BLAST Premier: Fall Groups 2022 are off to a hot start with upsets aplenty as teams head into the play-in stage. The group stage concluded with Group C, where Heroic won the group with a surprising rematch victory against FaZe Clan.
On Day 1 of the event, Group A gave fans a thrilling series of best of ones as Astralis managed to overcome OG, Ninjas in Pyjamas and Team Vitality to win their group. Day 2 saw Group B play out with G2 Esports coming in dead last. Natus Vincere beat out the North American teams of Complexity Gaming and Team Liquid to take first.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive’s BLAST Premier: Fall Groups 2022 marks the start of the fall season for BLAST Premier and offers teams the chance to qualify directly into the Fall Finals in November. Teams that don’t qualify during Groups will have one more chance at the Fall Showdown.
In the new BLAST Groups system, no teams are eliminated in the group stage. Instead, teams fought for seeding in the BLAST Fall Groups play-in stage, which will begin on Aug. 25. In the meantime, teams will be able to prepare for their opening matchups.
BLAST Fall Groups play-in schedule
Quarterfinals — Aug. 25
- OG vs. Complexity (7:00 a.m. ET)
- G2 vs. BIG (10:30 a.m. ET)
- Evil Geniuses vs. NiP (2 p.m. ET)
Semifinals — Aug. 26
- FaZe vs. quarterfinals winner (7:00 a.m. ET)
- Vitality vs. quarterfinals winner (10:30 a.m. ET)
- Liquid vs. quarterfinals winner (2 p.m. ET)
Finals — Aug. 27
- Astralis vs. semifinals winner (7:00 a.m. ET)
- Na’Vi vs. semifinals winner (10:30 a.m. ET)
- Heroic vs. semifinals winner (2 p.m. ET)
The second and third place from each of the play-in gauntlets will go in to compete in the last chance matches on Aug. 28 at 7:00 a.m., 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. ET.