Apex Legends Season 16 begins on February 14 with several new changes including revamped legend classes with gameplay perks. The new season will be the first time Respawn is not adding any new Legends to the game. However, the new class and perk system will address current meta imbalances in the game.
What are class perks in Apex Legends Revelry?
Apex Legends Revelry comes with five new classes for Legends. This includes Assault, Controller, Recon, Skirmisher, and Support. In Season 16, legends will be reshuffled on the Legends screen based on their Class. Each new class will have an associated gameplay perk that gives the legends in that class access to new tactical options in-game.
The class perks will give new bonuses to players to use and help decision-making in casual levels of play. Meanwhile in higher levels of games, squad make-up now determines what gameplay elements the team will have access to.
Assault class perks
This new class includes five Legends who specialize in combat initiation and utility. Assault legends use their abilities to initiate plays or force out enemies.
Moreover, assault class perks allow legends to carry more ammo and open shelves in the weapon supply bins. The first perk allows assault legends to carry more ammo per stack which means they can carry one clip or partial clip more than other legends. The full perk includes
More ammo per ammo stack:
- Light, Heavy and Energy ammo can stack one extra
- Shotgun & Sniper Ammo has a reduced extra stack
Weapon Supply Bins:
- 4 smart loot attachments for you or your team’s current loadout
- One loot slot is reserved for optics
- Chances for a magazine & hop ups are lower than for other gear
- If the secret compartment is opened while no one on your team has a weapon, a weapon will drop with 2 attachments for it
- Min Tier for all attachments is RARE
Assault legends: Ash, Bangalore, Fuse, Mad Maggie, and Revenant
Controller class perks
Controllers are legends that are equipped with the old Recon ability and scanning Beacons. This allows them to have knowledge of the next zone and to strengthen their position on the map. Controller legends only have one class perk that allows them to use Ring Consoles to find the next ring location.
Controller legends: Catalyst, Caustic, Rampart, and Wattson
Recon class perks
These legends are the best in scouting and are always an advantage to any team for intel gathering. Recon class perks involve using modified Survey Beacons.
Before Apex Legends Season 16 Revelry, scanning a Survey Beacon as a Recon Legend allows you to find the next ring location. Now in Season 16, the Recon class perk reveals all enemy positions on the map and mini-map for 30 seconds. Enemies in pulse rage will be notified of beacon use.
Recon legends: Bloodhound, Crypto, Seer, and Vantage
Skirmisher class perks
Skirmishers are very mobile legends capable of escaping tight situations like crossfire or red zones easily. They usually head first into a fight and create rotation options for their teammates. These class Legends only have one perk and it is only available when there is a neutral Care Package.
Skirmishers can spot incoming care packages to see the highest value contents in them. The legend will be able to reveal the item by looking at them for a few seconds and can ping map icons or in-world icons for the team. Skirmisher class perks also allow the legends to see when another team takes the item.
Skirmish legends: Horizon, Mirage, Octane, Pathfinder, Wraith, and Valkyrie
Support class perks
Support class perks fall to legends who are more defense-focused and take on a more team-oriented role. They are usually the legends stocking up on med kits and shields to keep their team alive. The support class has two perks. This includes:
Craft ally banners (even if expired):
- Current Cost = 30 Crafting Materials
- Banner can be recovered from the Crafter once crafting is complete
- A crafted Banner will contain all recoverable teammate
Access secret cmpartments on Blue Bins:
- The compartment has an increased chance for large health kits (Shield Batteries and Med Kits)
- Compartments has unique Survival Item logic
- Increased % of Heat Shields when outside the ring
- Increased % of Mobile Respawn Beacon if carrying a teammate banner
- This logic has an internal limit (cannot be repeated) and will not trigger if already carrying the item
Support legends: Gibraltar, Lifeline, Loba, and Newcastle